Difference between revisions of "Editor's information"
m (→Why Not Edit?)
|(3 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)|
Latest revision as of 07:24, 8 October 2021
If you wish to Contribute to the wiki, you can create an account using the appropriate button. If however user registration is currently closed, this will not work and instead you will need to contact a wiki admin in order to make an account. This can be done on the official discord on which a steam account is usually required to enter, if a user goes idle prior to entering the discord proper they will be kicked, but if you can contact an admin and say you came from the wiki you can proceed without a steam account.
Why Not Edit?
Notice a factual error somewhere? See a formatting issue that nobody seems to have noticed? Try your hand at editing it!
If you need help about the syntax used for wiki formatting, you can find the general reference for mediawiki-based wikis here.
Even if you don't do the job correctly, all that will happen is that someone will come over and fix it, telling you how to do it correctly the next time.
Don't be afraid to edit. It is easier to fix, than to have to build the whole thing. If you are unsure about editing an "official" page you can make a note of what you would change in the "Article-ToDo" section at the top of the page.
If you're looking for help or feedback, head on over to our official discord and @ai_relationship_wiki! This way you can talk in real time rather than waiting on the talk page.
Let's face it - we're not going to have a universal set of standards for everything, considering our weird and varied subject matter.
When doing something new, don't approach it with a bunch of pre-thought-out header structures in mind. Think to yourself, what would work best? Often, that's the way that gets the best results.
as noted earlier, anything you would like to add to a page but aren't sure about its structure, go ahead and add it to the article ToDo and that way it can be figured out before putting it on the actual article. We have jerry rigged our talk pages to act as todo pages since we primarily use discord for discussion.
If you are new, look over these. If not, no need.
- Getting Started
- A starter guide to becoming an editor, explaining creating pages, formatting text, and adding images.
It's helpful to look over these pages before editing:
- Neutral Point of View
- A quick overview of Neutral Point of View, and how to use it.
- Formatting Conventions
- A (relatively short) list of formatting conventions. Getting familiar now will save you time later.
- Useful Stuff
- An index of files and programs that are extremely useful to have when editing on this wiki.
- Template Guide
- A guide on how to use templates, and a list of the templates VCC Wiki makes usage of.
They aren't necessary, but are useful in their own situations.
- Categorization Guide
- A list of actively-used tags, and when they should be used.
- Map Documentation Guide
- A composite guide for map documentation articles.
- Page Structures
- Various "templates" for page structures.
- Importing Images
- A guide to re-importing pages to the VCC Wiki.